4 skin-on duck breasts
sea salt - to taste
freshly ground black pepper -to taste
1/3 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup raw honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Combine vinegar, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl.
2. Heat a heavy skillet (I used cast iron.) over medium heat.
3. Season duck with salt and pepper.
4. Place duck breasts, skin side down in the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the skin is nicely browned.
5. Flip duck and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes or until cooked to medium.
6. Transfer duck to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and pour duck fat into a container to save for another use.
7. Add vinegar mixture and walnuts to the skillet, deglaze the pan by scraping up the browned bits on the bottom.
8. Stir over medium heat until it is thick and bubbly, 2-3 minutes.
9. Transfer duck back to pan and turn several times to coat with glaze.
10. Serve glazed duck breast immediately with additional glaze.